This catalog directed by George Nelson laid the foundation for Herman Miller’s design, both product and graphic. The logo was created in 1946 by Irving Harper, one of the designers in Nelson’s office. It was paired with Ultra Bodoni Italic. Unlike other extra heavy versions of Bodoni, ATF’s has even more abrupt transitions from thick to thin strokes, resulting in counters that are often nearly rectangular rather than curved.
Herman Miller 1952 Catalog
Post a comment
More Fonts In Use
Crash by J.G. Ballard (Farrar, Straus and Giroux Edition, 1973)1973
Contributed by Florian Hardwig
Manuscript Capitals (Sample unavailable)