• These are the most common typefaces in the database, but there are many more. Try a search!

Victoria Park Art Installation

Contributed by Stephen Coles on Sep 5th, 2013.
License: All Rights Reserved.


In 1865 an area at the corner of City Road and Parramatta Road was added to the University to provide a formal entrance. The adjoining Victoria Park was proclaimed in 1870. Gradually road access to the University grounds switched to the Parramatta Road entrance opposite Derwent Road, and a new gatehouse was built there in 1898. The avenue through Victoria Park was formally reduced to a right of way in 1930, and for the next 60 years the vista was eroded by new planting in the Park and a wall on the University boundary. In the 1990s South Sydney City Council restored the avenue as a pedestrian path with a bridge over the lake, and in 2002 the University completed work to reinstate the vista through its grounds.

License: All Rights Reserved.
License: All Rights Reserved.

Post a comment

More Georgia in use

Contribute to the Collection
Contribute Fonts in Use is a collaborative project. Create an account and submit your own work or other examples of typography.

Ads Via The Deck