Riga-based company founded by Jānis Āpsītis, K. Lehmann, Ludvigs Grenctāls, and Ansis Kalniņš in 1898. In 1905, the foundry was separated from the printing house, which existed until 1911 under the direction of Grenctāls. In 1934, Kalniņš (1862–1944) was the sole owner of the foundry (“Burtu lietuve Gutenberg”). Operated at least until 1936. Carried both Latin and Cyrillic typeface designs, many of which originated at Berlin foundries Wilhelm Woellmer and Berthold. [Aleksandra Samulenkova]
Not to be confused with Schriftgießerei Gutenberg in Dresden.