A set of ornamented caps, probably originating in the 1820s or 1830s. Cut in wood at a size of 1¾ in. Rediscovered by William Webb in a printing office in north-west England and named Macdonald after its owner. Reproduced at reduced size in Graphis, vol. 8, no. 40 (1952). Shown in Lettera 1 (1954) in a “redesigned and completed” version by Armin Haab. Adopted by Formatt for dry-transfer lettering and shown in their 1981 catalog.
Bodoni Ornamental (FontMesa, 2009, used for sample) is a digital version with added lowercase.