The Cloister Press was founded by C W Hobson in 1921, part of the contemporary British movement to raise the standards of printing and publishing, and was noteworthy in that Stanley Morison was employed as the design supervisor. The Press was based in Heaton Mersey, Stockport, in the southern suburbs of Manchester. It undertook commercial and advertising as well as fine printing.
This synopsis was issued in circa 1921/22. The text typeface is Monotype Plantin, with Frederic W. Goudy’s Hadriano for the titles.