Studio DAD, located in Portland, Oregon, is the creative practice of Tess Donohoe and Peter Dean. DAD focuses on graphic design, writing, illustration, music and motion pieces as applied to brand identity systems, campaigns, content and experiences.
DAD’s process for creating work revolves around a series of deeply held principles:
• A desire to challenge DAD’s own limitations and do things a little backward.
• A belief in not wasting time on the unnecessary, but taking the time for what’s absolutely necessary.
• The need to create work that evokes emotions, while challenging convention.
• The requirement of working with people who hold shared beliefs.
• The goal of creating work that is bold, joyful and minimal, with a dollop of the absurd.
On the three-and-a-half-year anniversary of Studio DAD’s existence, a new digital presence was launched: StudioDad.biz.