A fine and simple press advert for Boots, the chemists/pharmacy chain, issued in 1937. The design is by Fitton (James Fitton possibly) and produced by the London based agency CVernon & Sons Ltd. It is interesting that in amongst the modernity of the layout and typeface the old style Boots logo block rather does stick out like a sore thumb! Boots have hung on the their original 1883 identity, albeit with minor stylistic changes, to this day.
Copy is set in Kabel leicht (1927), with loose wordspacing and even more ample linespacing. “First for first aid” uses Prisma (1930), the multiline display companion to Rudolf Koch’s geometric sans.