A local café and patisserie, Konditorei Herrdegen, had run out of their initial batch of certificates of origin, which they put in the boxes of one of their most prized pastries. They asked me to have more printed, but I took the opportunity to freshen up and straight up fix some of the previous design.
My goal was to have the new certificates instantly recognizable for existing customers, so I reused some of the most prominent decorative elements, while I tried to improve the frankly messed up typography. Admittedly, the result is not outstanding work at all; time and budget constraints, you know the drill. But I did get the chance to apply one of the Font of the Month Club fonts. I was in doubt, so I used Roslindale!
Maybe in the future the design can be refined a lot more, but I’m only starting to make sense of the design debt I inherited here. For now, this will do.
Print run of 10k, 80g white paper (recycling). The headline and logo are unchanged and use Burford, in its Extrude C and Base styles, respectively.